Broseley are proud to announce they have signed up to UK Contractors Declare acknowledging our commitment to reduce our companies carbon emissions. Building and construction play a major part, accounting for nearly 40% of energy-related carbon dioxide emissions, whilst also having significant impact on our natural habitats.
As a company we will seek to:-
- Raise awareness of the climate and biodiversity emergencies.
- Advocate for faster change in our industry towards regenerative practices and higher Governmental investment to support a just transition, in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Establish climate mitigation and adaption principles. Seek for us and our key supply chains to set targets for our own emissions.
- Share knowledge and research on an open source basis.
- Evaluate all new projects against the aim to contribute positively to mitigating climate and biodiversity breakdown, to adapt to climate change using nature-based solutions.
- Support the upgrade of existing assets for extended use as a more carbon efficient alternative to demolition whenever there is viable choice.
- Support and promote the use of life cycle costing.
- Adopt and support more regenerative principles.
- Work together with engineers, designers, clients, collaborators and supply chain to further reduce construction waste.
- Accelerate the shift to low embodied carbon materials in all our work and promote meaningful actions that will lead to reducing carbon by at least 40% by 2030, based on the World Green Building Council call to action.
- Work with clients, designers and supply chains to design out waste in the assets we build, and further reduce waste during their construction.
To read more about UK Contractors Declare please visit uk.buildersdeclare.com